360 - Changing the World by Degrees

0 Conversations


Latest news from 360 - Changing the World by Degrees.

This week on 360 - Changing the World by Degrees, Sam and Ashley - who are the part-time editors of the site - came up with the brilliant idea of 'The 360 Book of Solutions.'

You'll know by now that 360 is a new site which encourages people to report on positive news around the world. The Book of Solutions is the perfect solution for us - in getting the real aim of the site clarified.

All the projects and ideas submitted to 360, when it is launched, will go through a system of review by you, the participants of the site - a peer review - to assess their likelihood of working and being useful. Each project will go through a specific route which may include photographs on the site, videos and even TV or radio coverage and then, if they are assessed to be good enough, they will go into The Book of Solutions.

The Book then goes on to be presented to the United Nations to be used for good in the world.

You also may have seen in the UK papers (if you are in the UK) articles about a planned trip to cross the Bering Strait (the passage of sea between Russia and America). This is a 360 project and can be looked at on the site. It's a brilliant and daring plan - and will bring its own benefits to the Inuit people who live on the islands between the two superpowers.

Thanks!


MaggyW


Changing The World By Degrees Archive

17.01.02. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A682157

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more