A Conversation for Anti-Abba Society

I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 81

Researcher 212898

"I can't stand Abba because..." - What a silly statement. ABBA were the fore runners of wonderful melodies, that are highly acclaimed by most human beings, and therefore that is why they are played very often: If people didn't like ABBA, ABBA wouldn't still be around.

ABBA = Agnetha, Björn, Benny, Anni-Frid.

Abba = Swedish tinned salmon.

Try and get something right, people.


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 82

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

Researcher 212898, there are two things I'd have to correct you on.
#1, you say that "If people didn't like ABBA, ABBA wouldn't still be around." News flash! THEY AREN'T STILL AROUND! They paked things up and called it a day back in the early 80's.

#2. "Abba = Swedish tinned salmon." Wrong! Abba is a brand name of a company that amongst other things produce tinned salmon, but also produce alot of other products, such as caviar, pickled herring and other seafood related products.

So please, before you get on our case for not getting our facts straight, make sure you've got your own straightened out yourself.

Not liking Abba is a personal choice, and we've just decided to make it known to the world that we are sick of ABBA still being played forever and always.


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 83

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

I can't stand Abba because... they spawned Steps, and S Club 7, and the Spice Girls, and Boyzone, and Westlife, and all the other soppy poppy bands that wouldn't know a musical instrument if you hit them over the head with a guitar with a note on it saying 'this is a guitar, and example of a musical instrument'.


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 84

Oot Rito

I can't stand Abba because... of the way they look when they "sing"


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 85

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Hey deni. I haven't had a reply since I joined, so you might as well consider yourself signed up any way.


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 86

Oot Rito

I'm already a member of "The Royal h2g2 Procrastinators Society", probably why it took me a while to join the anti-ABBA guild.


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 87

crazyhorse

their music was always mindless drivelI can't stand Abba because...when they were popular i was busy listening to the stones zeppltn and alike...i never cared for disco music


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 88

Bernadette Lynn_ Home Educator

I think their music is quite fun - it's about the only post 60's music I wouldn't mind having to listen to, except that I can't STAND the way they sing. I hate that nasal, little-girly sound.


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 89

crazyhorse

i think the beegees have a lot to answer for as well


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 90

Dunbar

I can't stand Abba because...They abused me as a child, beat me up, took my lunch money, poisoned my goldfish, stole my girlfriend, and locked me in a padded room. It's taken hours of planning to get access to a computer, but the worst part is beyond my reach though. It's that in this hospital, patients aren't allowed to turn the radios off themselves, and guess what the other patients' favourite band is.


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 91

crazyhorse

did you now that one member of abba was the product of an illicit affair with a german soldier during the war


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 92

Dunbar

Interesting ABBA fact: In the many learning disability hospitals in Britain, ABBA are immensely popular with a certain group (if a patient is above 30 and not autistic the chances are that they will like ABBA). This may well be because their simplistic melodies are easily accessible to people with learning disabilites.
Interestingly, many of the autistic patients who have less obvious intellectual impairments are not fans of ABBA and enjoy a much wider and more complex range of music.
This for me confirms that ABBA are indeed the musical equivalent of wallpaper, and while wallpaper probably has a place in the world, no one would argue that wallpaper designers are artistic geniuses.
By the way, people under 30 with severe learning disabilities tend to have a similar affinity for STEPS. Coincidence? or evidence that some dark power is at work, attempting to dilute the lifeblood of creativity with crap pop music? Go figure.


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 93

crazyhorse

aahh yes steps all that talent....it happens every few years i'd say the ;atest incarnation must be the cheeky girls....after all the eastern european block nations work for peanuts....i'm betting on a chinese cheesy pop band next


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 94

Dunbar

The cheeky girls? No. People with learning disabilities who can express a preference are still some way above the tasteless, Burberry wearing imbeciles who would buy their records.


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 95

crazyhorse

i think there should be a law against playing abba music at any public gathering


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 96

Bernadette Lynn_ Home Educator

Even if the alternative is 'Take Five' to a disco beat(4/4)? Or The Macarena?


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 97

crazyhorse

i don't even know what those aresmiley - doh


I hate Abba... I have to join!

Post 98

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

I can't stand Abba because... They remind me too much of Van Halen. Especially the Women.


I hate Abba...NOT! I have to join!

Post 99

SirSmurfalot

Jag älska Abba because...they're the best band ever formed...

I love active groups! The most recent post was last year...?


I hate Abba...NOT! I have to join!

Post 100

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

Yeah by ME!

I was wondering if this thread would kick off.


Key: Complain about this post