TIMELORD has come up with a wonderful quiz to entertain you over the New Year holiday. This appears to be stumping quite a few of you so we are extending it for a further week. Please send your entries (no matter how complete/incomplete) to [email protected] before 09.01.02.
The following is a list of the funniest people in comedy. They all changed their names, however, before we got to know them. Under what name did they become famous?
- Bob Davis
- James Marsh
- Robert Nankeville
- Alfred Hawthorne Hill
- John Eric Bartholomew
- Nathan Birnbaum
- Benjamin Kubelsky
- David Tynan O'Mahony
- Lynne Shepherd
- Charles Springall
The following list is of shows which were made in both the UK and USA but under different titles. The left-side is the name of the show in the UK, the right-side is the name of the show in the US. Fill in the blanks.
- ... .... ... .... .. ........ ....../ Reggie
- Man About the House/ .....'. .......
- ........ ....../ The Golden Girls
- Till Death Do Us Part/ ... .. ... ......
- ...'. ......./ The Two of Us
- Steptoe and Son/ ....... ... ...
- ... ..... ..../ Who's the Boss
- Birds of a Feather/ ..... .. .... ...
- ... ... ..... ....../ Beane's of Boston
- Rising Damp/ .. ... ......
The following is a list of catchphrases. Some are from shows and some are from comedians - identify their origin please.
- Naff off
- Smoke me a kipper, I will be back for breakfast
- Magic are Maurice
- Trust me I know what I'm doing
- I'm listening
- They don't like it up em
- I'm free
- And its good night from him
- Ooh you are awful, but I like you
- Silly old moo
- Power to the people
- I'm too old for this shit
- My papie always told me
- Mum said on her death bed
- I didn't get were you are today by...
- In which film is the main character called Mortimer Brewster?
- Who played Flash Harry in the St Trinians films?
- What film is Flubber a remake of?
- Under what name did Arthur Lucan make a series of films?
- What was the first Carry On film?
- Who is/was the oldest actor to win an Oscar?
- What kind of creature was Gizmo?
- In which film did Alec Guinness play 8 characters all of whom died?
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was a remake of which 1964 film?
- Who said at the oscars 'Medals are like haemorrhoids sooner or later every a******e gets one.'