A Conversation for Project: Evolution and Creation

Evolution

Post 1

Brian

Would a totally non academic approach to understanding everything be of any use in your quest. Defining our 'consciousness' without all the 'ologies' presents a very different perspective if the scientific is used in support rather than the main route.

Even if you reject my premise as total nonsense, you will have eliminated one train of thought

Brian


Evolution

Post 2

Ste

Hi Brian smiley - smiley

When you say "everything" are you referring to evolution specifically (as it is the subject of your post), or the whole debate?

I'd be interested in hearing more details...

smiley - ok

Stesmiley - earth


Evolution

Post 3

Brian

Hi Ste,

To answer your question, both !

I'm firmly convinced we are the stuff of stars, so to speak and that we have inherited the nature of those first structures and that as they formed the atomic and eventually molecular groupings that became our observable universe, this 'presence' became contained in all things. Unlike the unorganic, living constructions require 'feedback', this is why we have 'consciousness', so that the organism may assess the past and plan the next clever move. Which is why I feel our consciousness is the only remaining component of evolution and not the portal to any other world. It is a mechanism and nothing more.

It is the only part of us that can never evolve and become no more than it is. Proof of this is our ability to learn, unlike e.g. a kidney molecule that can never be more than it has become. Also that all organic structures are obliged to follow the same set of rules.

I'm suggesting the mechanics that are responsible in all things is simply antithesis, that prejudice rules, maybe 'preference' is a better word. Consider the multiplicity all around us. On the face of it a complexity without blueprint, yet the first clever move was no more than a roll of the cosmic dice. We only use the word 'deterministic' because we know the outcome but we have no way of knowing about the groups that never made it. So even by default, we know the what conditions must prevail and what prevails is an ongoing need to evolve at one level or another. Every cookbook contains a series of steps which eventually leads to fulfillment; its a journey that takes time and individual skills, demands 'choice' and expresses the nature of the exercise but is the methodology any different to the objectives of lion and prey.

Oh dear, how typical of this approach, a giant leap to another 'planck'. This notion may also explain why we think the way we do and why thought is an irresistable process. Also why we are the way we are.

I would send you an attachment, an essay, which might be more enlightening but I'm a bit new to this and 'post message' seems to be the only prompt.

There are a few plays and short stories, some music as well, either relevant or as a result of practising what I preach.

I've rambled a bit but I'm not used to this and find the lack of eye contact diminshes a much needed context for this form of discussion, there is a tendency to overstate things which seem obvious. Okay for now but if your interested in this idea you'll soon discover the subject lacks formal structure, one revelation uncovers another, digression follows, 'resistance is futile'!

Please let me know if you want more.

Brian


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more