A Conversation for Glasgow (Scotland)

Disney -- pah!

Post 1

SMURF

The Warner Brothers store is bigger and full of things that are much more cute than anything Disney could provide.

LONG LIVE MARVIN THE MARTIAN!!!


The thing i notice about Glasgow

Post 2

marto

I tend to see Glasgow as a city under constant urban decay. The city council are constaltly doing refits to the outside s of buildings, and at the core they re still rotting away.


The thing i notice about Glasgow

Post 3

SMURF

In the four years I spent in Glasgow there were some areas that obviously had a lot of money put into them while other areas were left to decay. But I still love the place and miss it heaps.

It's a shame the Cathouse got so trendy though. And does The Rat Trap still do it's fetish nights?


The thing i notice about Glasgow

Post 4

marto

The cat house was good when it was in brown street, now i dont like it and i ve only been to the rat trap once to see my brothers band. The city council spend a lot of money they dont have, all over the place, and have done for about 3 years


The thing i notice about Glasgow

Post 5

SMURF

Brown Street, now there's a dodgy street! There was a rock pub/ club type thing down on the river by the Trading Post but I can't for the life of me remember it's name! I think it closed down anyway!

And someone dragged me to the 13th Note once - very arty!

And has the Queen Margeret Union got any better? I doubt it.

The GFT was a good place to go. They did an excellent Vampire special one Halloween with some strange Brazillian film.


The thing i notice about Glasgow

Post 6

marto

Brown street had the cat house years ago, later moved to arglye street. The rat trap is there now, i cant remember any other bars of that description


The thing i notice about Glasgow

Post 7

SMURF

This place was more of a pub than a club and was up past Buchanan Street (away from Brown Street).

And if you were feeling in a realy trendy mood, you could always try The Arches (feature in the movie Trainspotting).


The thing i notice about Glasgow

Post 8

marto

I ve been to the arches a few times, i prefer the sub club, better environment. Are you talking about the solid rock cafe near central station ? 2 blocks from brown street turning right at argyle?


The thing i notice about Glasgow

Post 9

SMURF

No, I believe the pub I'm thinking of may have been called The Tap. No hang on, that was the Brewery Tap on Sauchiehall Street. I wish I could remember as it's starting to get REALLY annoying now.

I quite liked the Solid Rock the few times I went in although it was often to crowded for me. I don't usually mind crowds but I'm quite small and there are only so many times you can put up with being pushed away from the bar by taller peoplesmiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more