A Conversation for The Conversation Killer

Use of time

Post 1

Queex Quimwrangler (Not Egon)

I can think of three ways to kill a conversation dead, two only for RL, one only for h2g2.

1) In the middle of their sentence, look at your watch then bolt. No explanation, no pause. Just go. It's surefire and deadly. It works even better if they can see you jump into your car and leave in a trail of burned rubber.

2) Nodding serves a similar purpose to 'yep' and 'nope'. You can then back the nodding up by asking a question that implies you haven't been listening properly for the last five minutes.
"Who did?"
"Why did he do that?"
"What?"

3) Post to many, many other topics quickly. With luck, the boring conversation will scroll out of your conversations list. Then you can pretend you never saw the reply. Of course, they may post again, so you have to make sure it's very thoroughly scrolled off the list.


Use of time

Post 2

Arthbard

Ah, good suggestions. I'll have to add these when I find time to update the page.


Use of time

Post 3

Queex Quimwrangler (Not Egon)

smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more