A Conversation for The Avenue of Small Gods

The nighthoover shrine

Post 41

Researcher 185550

I would agree with that. Though in the sixth form the also expect us to do background reading (that they could otherwise set as homework) anyway.

Leaves less time for hootoo - and I don't just mean conversations, some of which are fun, some of which are educational (I found out about, er, you might spell it Euphythro's Dilemma the other day in the God thread) and the guide entries, which I love writing.


The nighthoover shrine

Post 42

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - smiley Background reading is important.... And a lot... some* people probably wouldn't do it if it weren't for 'that exercise'/'homework' set from the text in question, to force* you to read it smiley - laugh But at university, its very much up to you to do the work off your own back as it were... But if you don't do it, and don't get the 'grade' in exams etc., you'l soon be told about it... smiley - biggrin


The nighthoover shrine

Post 43

Researcher 185550

It is. Conversely, I prefer to do it if there's no exercise or whatever, 'cos that way I actually tend to enjoy the book, rather than read such and such a chapter because if I don't I'll do badly in a test.

Overall, as long as I read it in the end at my own pace I'll enjoy it more and learn it better too smiley - smiley.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more