|So Long And Thanks For Laughing|
Real Mothers don't eat quiche;
They don't have time to make it.
Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
Are probably in the sandbox.
Real Mothers often have sticky floors,
Filthy ovens and happy kids.
Real Mothers know that dried playdough
Doesn't come out of carpets.
Real Mothers don't want to know what
The vacuum just sucked up.
Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?'
And get their answer when a little Voice says, 'Because I love you best.'
Real Mothers know that a child's growth
Is not measured by height or years or grade -
It is marked by the progression of Mummy to Mum to Mother...
The Images of Mother
- 4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mummy can do anything!
- 8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mum knows a lot! A whole lot!
- 12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't know everything!
- 14 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother? She wouldn't have a clue.
- 16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's so five minutes ago.
- 18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!
- 25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it!
- 35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mum's opinion.
- 45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mum would have thought about it?
- 65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mum.
|So Long, And Thanks |