The Camp Shop

9 Conversations

Welcome to the Camp Shop. This little shop is open for those staying at the h2g2 campsite from 9:30 AM to 11:00 every morning except Sundays (and other days when we can't be bothered to get up). As well as selling supplies, the shop also stocks camping gas, and offers an ice-pack freezing service. A little bell rings as you step into the shop.

Stock levels in the shop are very low at the moment as even though the shop has been open for ages no one has bothered to re-order anything. If you have any requests, let us know and we'll consider ordering them.

Food

Food currently in stock:

  • Loaves of cheap Mother's Pride bread, thinly sliced.
  • Blocks of hard butter - very unspreadable.
  • Baguettes.
  • Cereals - Big boxes of cornflakes and small 'variety packs'.

Drink

Booze, Soft Drinks and fruit juices currently in stock:

  • Three bottles of 'Jacob's Creek' Australian white wine.
  • A five-pack of Carling (there were six but some cheapskate pulled out a single can from the plastic thing that holds them together).
  • Some cans of coke, peculiarly written in some foreign arabic language.

General Goods

The stuff you essentially need but have probably forgotten.

  • Toothpaste - in super minty and spearmint varieties.
  • Toilet Rolls - Packs of two in pink or orange.
  • Pocket Kites - These easy to put together kits are only a pound, and ideal for flying in low wind.
  • Mobile phone top-up vouchers - for those of you who like the break the peace and tranquil of this place with cries of 'I'm on a campsite!'.
  • Stamps - for sending postcards.
  • Postcards, in the following designs:
    • A view of the local beach in glorious sunshine (probably using some photograph taken in spain)
    • A 'comedy' postcard featuring a local fireman half naked.
    • A 4-in-1 postcard with pictures of four local tourist traps
  • A frying pan - non non-stick.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A656930

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more