A Conversation for The Camp Shop

wot no postcards?

Post 1

tom

Greetings happy campers !

Just popping by during a walking tour and looking to send a card to Mum. Have you any stamps? Have you got any of local beauty spots? Where's the nearest postbox?

Is there a map or local guide (other than h2g2 of course) Something with local half hour strolls to get a bit of fresh air and an appetite for smiley - tea?

What are the local beauty spots?

Is there anything to buy like silly cheap toys? I'm thinking of games of ludo or a pack of cards to pass the time on a rainy afternoon.

How about a simple kite? It's incredible how much fun you can get out of a simple plastic one costing a pound.


wot no postcards?

Post 2

Frankie Roberto

Unfortunately we don't have any of those things at the moment. However, I'll order in some postcards and stamps for you.

Give me some ideas for cheap toys and I'll add them to the stock list... I'll also get some of those mini-kites in.

smiley - smiley


wot no postcards?

Post 3

Frankie Roberto

The h2g2 waterworks has a much better gift shop than us at the moment: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A662140


wot no postcards?

Post 4

tom

Oh Frankie

Where's the shopkeeper in you sending me elsewhere !!

Thanks for being helpful however.

You might be able to get all sorts of nonsense at the Hawkin website. Mr H has a bazaar with all sorts of nonsense.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more