A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Doctor Who

Post 5141

Mol - on the new tablet

My brother has been re-tweeting internet rumours about this all week so I do hope for his sake that they're good ones ...

Mol


Doctor Who

Post 5142

Bluebottle

I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be 'The Power of the Daleks' or 'The Evil of the Daleks'. As they've said 'Episodes' I'm assuming that it is odd ones here and there, not a complete story.

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 5143

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/bbc-confirms-9-lost-troughton-episodes-recovered-53718.htm

"The Enemy of the World" and "The Web of Fear", it seems.


Doctor Who

Post 5144

Bluebottle

Patrick Troughton's always good - I must admit I prefer him over William Hartnell. And 9 episodes, almost 2 whole stories, just in time for the 50th Anniversary. Brilliant.

I do wonder how long they've known about this, as they've already announced that 'The Enemy of the World' will be out on DVD on the 25th November, all polished up. Did it influence the inclusion of the Great Intelligence as this year's recurring baddy?

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 5145

Geggs

It does seem a startling coincidence, doesn't it? Or maybe Moffat just wanted to return to some old villains that hadn't been used in a long while, and this is just fortuitous.

Hard to say, really.


Geggs


Doctor Who

Post 5146

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I would imagine they wanted to get the restoration out of the way before they made the announcement... it'd be a bit rubbish if they trumpeted about finding the episodes back whenever they were actually found, only to discover they were too degraded to save.

If you want to see someone get really unnecessarily angry about the Beeb not telling us about it straight away check Ian Levine's Twitter feed. That man needs to chill out.


Doctor Who

Post 5147

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

An interview with the man who found 'em:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/10/11/doctor-who-missing-episodes-interview-with-episode-hunter-philip-morris/

Still no indication of *when* he found 'em, mind.


Doctor Who

Post 5148

Geggs

Is there a cinema screening of 'The Day of The Doctor" near you?

http://www.doctorwho.tv/watch-the-day-of-the-doctor/


Geggs


Doctor Who

Post 5149

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Excellent, there's one at the Odeon Printworks. I am so there!


Doctor Who

Post 5150

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Oooo... cinema screenings...
Urgh... 3D cinema screenings...


Doctor Who

Post 5151

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Indeed, but I am very much willing to put up with that on this occasion.


Doctor Who

Post 5152

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

'Thank you for your booking online and we hope you enjoy "Dr Who 3d".

Your online booking has been successful and your tickets have been booked at:..."

OMGOMGOMGOMG... *squeeeee*


Doctor Who

Post 5153

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Doctor Who was meant to be viewed on a telly. smiley - tongueout


Doctor Who

Post 5154

Bluebottle

Apparently it is being broadcast to 75 countries simultaneously. I still think that's impressive.

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 5155

Geggs

Have you seen the mini-episode "The Night of the Doctor"?

I won't give away what happens in it, but you really do want to see it if you haven't yet.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/11/14/the-night-of-the-doctor-is-here/


Geggs


Doctor Who

Post 5156

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Yes. It's only about 7 minutes long, so you have no excuses.

I'm not entirely sure it was very clear about the reasons for what happens in it, though. I sort of get the impression there was a lot of water under the bridge leading up to it that we're not seeing, because if his decision just comes out of nowhere, that seems pretty out-of-character to me no matter how convincing she was.


Doctor Who

Post 5157

Vip

I also thought it was a 'last straw' moment. He looked tired.

What I was most surprised about was when he came on screen Mr Vip said "That's the new doctor!" and I replied, "No, it's Paul McGann." I still have no idea how I knew that.

smiley - fairy


Doctor Who

Post 5158

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

I only knew it because I'd seen some of the Facebook fan-pages posting up links to articles about him coming back. I didn't read any of them, but the titles were enough: one had a quote from Moffat saying McGann was "ridiculously excited" to be coming back.


Doctor Who

Post 5159

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

It was good to see him given a proper send off... of sorts. Welcome back into The Cannon, light the fuse.... *woosh*

I heard speculation, that they might pull a Sarah Jane - the adventures of the somethingth Dr..... probable nonsense.


Meanwhile tickets booked to see Day of The Doctor on the Big Screen (I don't have a telly)


Doctor Who

Post 5160

Bluebottle

I managed to just about see it on my home PC, which struggled like anything – brought back memories of McGann's 'Shada' – only to see it on the BBC Red Button on Saturday, when I was able to see it in its full glory. It seems very much a tease – yes, there was a Time War that was destroying everything, but we don't learn anything more about it.

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more