A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Torchwood

Post 81

IctoanAWEWawi

problem with Martha is that they've made her such a strong character (well, that's what they've tried to do anyway, not entirely sure it worked!). She'd only join Torchwood as an equal to Jack (although she isn't one, she thinks she is). I think it'd be too much to be honest. I could see a spin off around Martha, but I think she's been touted and framed as too much of a strong character to become a subordinate again.

That's always assuming - is there a series 3 or torchwood?


Torchwood

Post 82

eloisa

Gotta be.

Surely!

Um.......


Torchwood

Post 83

Ormondroyd

I'm pretty sure that Torchwood will be back (it's done pretty well ratings-wise) and if I had a lot of money I'd be willing to bet it that Martha will join as a regular member of the team. I think that the BBC and the Who producers like her as a character, and don't want her to disappear from the Whoniverse - after all, she's making repeated returns in the new season of Who. We've already seen how pleased Jack was to have her around for a short while, and she seemed happy to work for him. The difficulty in terms of the Torchwood group dynamic might be how Gwen would deal with a female rival for the second-in-command spot - there could be some smiley - envy there. But that'd make for an interesting subplot.


Torchwood

Post 84

IctoanAWEWawi

"But that'd make for an interesting subplot. "

Hmmm, possibly. Providing they don;t turn it into a soap and concentrate on interrelations of the group rather than sorting out weird aliens and finding cool gadgets. But then I'm the sort of person who doesn;t mind a bit of back story (as in the penultimate episode) but usually finds all those character development bits get in the way (like all the Gwen/hubby stuff in the flat that wasn't directly linked to the plot). If I wanna watch human interaction I can go to a family do.


Torchwood

Post 85

Jozcoz

Did people like the penultimate episode?

I did


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more