A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

The Christmas Episode

Post 21

van-smeiter

I'd heard that the title music had been changed, and I was really excited, but I didn't like it; I'm with Sho- please don't use it again!

It was a reasonable watch but 'the survivors' dying within 5 minutes of each other was a bit rubbish (surely in disaster movies they're picked off one by one?) and, sexy smiley - drool as Kylie is, I felt some of her acting was a touch wooden. Oh, and to answer one of the above posts, Astrid didn't die; the whole point was that she can now travel the universe as a stardust type entity (the ultimate freedom?).

It was definitely better than last year's and, for those of us who remember, it was nice to see Clive Swift not creating human/Dalek hybrids and being mean to his besotted lab assistant smiley - biggrin

Van (Sorry if I sound like I'm complaining because I ain't) smiley - ok


The Christmas Episode

Post 22

The Apprentice

I liked the new arrangement of the theme... Another Marmite divide, I guess. And I could really have done with the Doctor and Astrid travelling together for Season 4 instead of Donna! Gah!

The Apprentice


The Christmas Episode

Post 23

Mister Matty

I liked the new arrangement of the theme tune too, mainly because it brought it closer to the original. I've been a bit put-off by the 2005-2007 arrangement because it seemed to be trying to make it sound more like a 1990s American "adventure serial" theme as opposed to the spooky other-worldy sci-fi theme it originally was.


The Christmas Episode

Post 24

JulesK

Aw, stardust!

I thought the baddies were the Blink angels who'd been sparkled up for Christmas..

Didn't like the music either (but was proud to be the only one in the room who noticed the difference).

I too thought Kylie a bit wooden but then remembered two things - that's presumably why she turned to crooning and she did star in Neighbours, which was known for its woodenness round our way.

As ever with RTD, trowel-loads of emotion.

But I still enjoyed it smiley - ok


The Christmas Episode

Post 25

Jozcoz

I like the new theme...


The Christmas Episode

Post 26

huzzah4knolly

Enjoyed by whole family, new theme tune, well it will grow on me I guess. Liked the fact that Kylie had to stand on a box to kiss the Doc!

Roll on the new series.


The Christmas Episode

Post 27

Jozcoz

I watched the trailer for series 4...

I swear Anne Robinson is in it

though I may just be going mad...smiley - erm


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more