A Conversation for Ecotypical Tips and Eco-blunders

No Subject

Post 1

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Another researcher with an awareness of the environment. Superb...
May I recommend that you think about checking out h2g2s sister site 360 at www.bbc.co.uk/dna/360/360 ?

Also, I have had a wee idea of late and have been wondering about realising it...

Recently I have begun trying to write a series of entries about the effect ozone has on our environment, and in the course of getting bogged down by the massive amount of stuff I could think ought go into the guide about the atmosphere alone, it occured to me that there was no real place for people who care about the environment and are interested in changes things to chill out in and swap ideas on h2g2.

Now 360 is all about such things, but feels quite formal at the moment, and is still really just getting off the ground, so I was thinking it might not be a bad idea to start an environment club/society which would have a presence on both sites, h2g2 and 360.

I know the vegetarian society exists and I am a member, but obviously more to the environment than being veggie...

So,if you have time, check out what you think of 360, and then maybe tell me if you think an environmental group here at h2g2 is a nice idea....

...I do like the wee tips by the way - I should say they are exactly the sort of stuff that could find a nice wee home from home linked from an h2g2 environmental group....

((I really must think of a name for it if it is going to go ahead - Would like to avoid the cheesyness of EnvironMental or something terribly tempting like that smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers vp


hello!

Post 2

ecotype

smiley - smileyHi VP - yes, I've seen your comments but thanks for drawing my attn to 'em anyway (you're right in assuming I might not have lookedsmiley - biggrin)

currently embroiled in planning appeal work so majorly rushed - will respond more humanly soon - meanwhile, yes I have seen 360 and it's really impressive - if, as you say, a little formal. Also a bit echo-y at the moment (I'm not sure many people know about it...). Would like to do more, but too many other computer demands...

later

et


hello!

Post 3

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Other computer demands? Yes, I have those too - dissertation deadline is now just 8 days away smiley - bigeyes


Just so you know, the Environmental Society can now be found at U191190, and we already have 12 members, which considering how utterly still 360 was just last week seems pretty good.

smiley - cheersvp


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ecotypical Tips and Eco-blunders

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more