A Conversation for Marx and Marxism [ proposal ]

HELL YES!!!!!!

Post 1

Someone You Know(GrandHighMaster Of All Things Unsanitary And In Need Of A Good Clean Before The Neighbours Come Round)

If you want somebody for this article I am your man. I know the background to some extent and am reading more everyday, then there are always my own theorisings, I have already written a few articles on such topics and would gladly work with you.
Look for me at "The Kalashnikov Party Needs You!"
Big Bad Bolshevik Bob.


HELL YES!!!!!!

Post 2

Dogster

OK, I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks since I'm trying to keep clear of H2G2 during term time!


HELL YES!!!!!!

Post 3

Someone You Know(GrandHighMaster Of All Things Unsanitary And In Need Of A Good Clean Before The Neighbours Come Round)

Oh pants. I can only really get on the net during term time as I use the college computers. I'm sure we can work around it. I can use Covert's home connection, mine is a stand alone for protection against N.S.A hackers (incidently check out N.S.A.gov its a great website, can you believe they have a kids page? the N.S.A for christ sakes and they have a kids page!). Get back to me as soon as you can.


HELL YES!!!!!!

Post 4

Dogster

OK, this time next week term will be over and we can talk in more detail.

I'm no longer entirely sure about this article, I think to do it justice would take more time than I have, and I'm pretty bogged down with work this year (I'm applying to do a PhD next year and have to persuade some university department that they want me). If you like the outline above and you'd like to work on it, that's fine. I can probably write a bit about some of the philosophical aspects (like alienation), and help on dispelling some of the myths (e.g. the communism requires everyone to be the same, it's not democratic, it's authoritarian, it means forced equality, and so on). I don't really have the time to do the research to write about much more than that I'm afraid.

What are your thoughts?

Another possible idea is to start a "Marxism Research Group" on H2G2 and invite people (both for and against) to give "talks", write articles around the subject of Marxism, have debates, and so on. This might be more productive. What do you think?


HELL YES!!!!!!

Post 5

the autist formerly known as flinch

Well i'm up for it too, i started writing an entry on Marx a few weeks ago, and put one night of work into it and then my mind has been elsewhere. It was going to be a biography, from which seperate articles on Marx's philosopy could and articles on the development of Marxist and communist thought could be annexed.


HELL YES!!!!!!

Post 6

Dogster

OK, I'll get back to this discussion in a few days (busy with work atm).


HELL YES!!!!!!

Post 7

Someone You Know(GrandHighMaster Of All Things Unsanitary And In Need Of A Good Clean Before The Neighbours Come Round)

I have a kot of material of similar ilk and would be happy to incorporate or reference some of it (check out the kalashnikov party page for an overview) with loads more on the way. I have an article on the marxist theory of exchange as an equation (maybe) and another on capital versus labour.
How do you guys feel about a university project????? The only problem I can think of is as to what department we could stick it in, Politics, philosophy, economics....?
Still worth a try though.


HELL YES!!!!!!

Post 8

the autist formerly known as flinch

Souds like a good idea...


HELL YES!!!!!!

Post 9

Dogster

A university project sounds like a good idea. I think philosophy would be the best department, although it obviously enters into the ground of politics and economics.


HELL YES!!!!!!

Post 10

Shalom Rubenstein

Just to reiterate my other post....

Count me in.



Shalom Rubenstein.


Key: Complain about this post