A Conversation for Old Announcements: January - September 2011

This thread has been closed

30 January, 2008: New 'Bookmarking' Feature

Post 1

The H2G2 Editors

We're pleased to announce a new feature that is available to Edited Guide contributors. Users now have the ability to bookmark Edited Entries of interest to them.

In the right-hand margin of Entries (above the Entry Data box) you will now be able to choose the option 'Clip/Bookmark This Page'. If you click this link, the page will be added to your Bookmarks.

To see your bookmarks, please scroll down your Personal Space. On the 'My Friends' grey bar you will see an option that reads 'My Bookmarks'. Clicking this link will show which Entries you have bookmarked.

Please note: The feature will also show how many times a particular page has been bookmarked, but this will not update immediately (it's cached daily).

This feature was launched rather more prematurely than expected (hence the late notice!) and so it will not be perfect. However, please do post with your comments, positive or negative, at our Feedback area.


Key: Complain about this post

30 January, 2008: New 'Bookmarking' Feature

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more