h2g2 Football league

0 Conversations

I am looking to set up a fantasy football league on the basis of results. Now, for most of the games around, you get to pick a team from a set amount of money and pick up points on how well the player does each week, which is fine but also an administrative nightmare for the person running the game, ie me smiley - winkeye. If you wish to play such a game may I recommend the BBC's own site.

What I propose is a lot simpler. I will select five football fixtures to be played over the week and will ask for predictions on the final score and first goal scorer. Points will then be allocated on the outcome: 3 points for the correct score line, 1 point for the correct scorer and 1 point for predicting the correct team to win, or a draw.

For example if I had selected the England Vs Albania game, and a player had predicted a 5-0 win to England with Michael Owen scoring first, that person would get 2 points, one for the correct first scorer and another for predicting an England win. If, on the other hand, another player suggested a 2-0 win with Robbie Fowler scoring first they would get 3 points for the correct score line.

The games will run for 10 weeks and with enough people involved we could introduce a promotion and relegation system.

So what do you think? Are you up to being crowned h2g2 footy champion? If so sign up Here.


Gedge


20.09.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A634394

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more