A Conversation for People for Peace

The News

Post 1

purplejenny

The US and UK have begun bombing Aghanistan. At about 6pm UK time the President of the US announced that action had begun.

"On my orders, the United States military has begun strikes against al-Qaeda terrorist training camps and military installations of the Taleban regime in Afghanistan.

These carefully targeted actions are designed to disrupt the use of Afghanistan as a terrorist base of operations and to attack the military capability of the Taleban regime.

We are joined in this operation by our staunch friend, Great Britain."

I heard that 50 cruise missiles were launched by US and UK subs, and there has also been bombing from the air. A few days ago it became clear that special forces are in the area.

So the War on Terrorism has started. When will it end?


The News

Post 2

HappyDude

smiley - peacedove


The Irony

Post 3

Deidzoeb

Bush made non-negotiable demands to the Taliban, then when none of the demands were met, he announced the war from "The Treaty Room" of the White House, the room where one would expect negotiations to be made.

I'm not sure how much if any negotiation the Taliban would really be willing to make, if any. But it's still damned ironic.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more