A Conversation for Talking Point: Dress Code

How about work clothes?

Post 1

shagbark

I have at various points in my life been given clothes that I must wear on a job.
I can be at that location wearing something else but I cannot work at that location without them.
And what about the military. Don't they have penalties for being out of uniform?


How about work clothes?

Post 2

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

I think my boss would like me to dress more smartly, but I write code and therefore count as a geek. I think that gives me a license to be fairly casual. And my boss doesn't really mind.

There used to be another coder here who always wore jeans. His replacement usually wears a full suit, except for the time he wore jogging clothes! (The boss wasn't in that day.)

TRiG.smiley - smiley


How about work clothes?

Post 3

Nalot of the Silver

I currently work in a call centre and we have smart office regulations on dress code, however, it is mostly down to whichever team leader catches you. My team leaders are strict and send us home to change like naughty children, whereas other team leaders let their staff wear jeans even when the big boss is in.

We opperate the one rule for you one rule for me policy. It has caused a few internal arguments and grumbles but still nothing is being done.

Personally I think you should dress appropriate to the situation. If in a smart work environment where you meet customers, dress smartly. In a swanky club, dress swanky. In a dive, wear what you want.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more