A Conversation for Website Developer's Forum

Google Pages

Post 1

HappyDude

I just had a little play with google's new web page creator thingy
http://pages.google.com/
and was wondering what everybody thought of googles new toysmiley - spacesmiley - huh

NB: the results of my little play are at http://peter.tynan.googlepages.com/


Google Pages

Post 2

Whisky

Already had a play with it, but 'unpublished' the pages as soon as I noticed it was a sure fire way of getting your GMail address spammed by all and sundry... I've now created a second GMail address specifically for this purpose and will be playing later...

From a first glance I think it's a wonderful toy for those people who want a relatively simple, small scale site - but it's a little restrictive. It could do with a method of handling tables (without having to create them manually).


Google Pages

Post 3

HappyDude

It is beta and I am sure that more flexibility with editing thingy will come. As to the spam stuff - yeah I agree but it is a pretty common way of doing things one cannot just point the finger at google here given that my e-mail addresses are already all over the web and gmail has very god spam filtering (as long as one makes the effort to train it) it is not an issue for me.


Google Pages

Post 4

Whisky

True - and as I'm using POP to access GMail via Outlook, between the various filters in Outlook and the GMail filter I should be fairly safe.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more