A Conversation for Condom Conundrum Divides The Church

Condom Conundrum

Post 1

Berek - A619049 William Wallace - Braveheart and Scottish Patriot :o)

Thought-provoking article, Loonytunes. Well said! smiley - smiley


Condom Conundrum

Post 2

Gwennie

Yes, good one Loonytunes! smiley - cheers


Condom Conundrum

Post 3

Ken-Morningmstar

Concerning the use of condoms to prevent HIV/AIDS, I think it is good as long as the people using them follow the necessary steps to make them be effective. The Catholic Church may object to this but I see no reason why a handful of people sitting in Rome could be telling people who are experiencing the effect of HIV/AIDS in their daily living.
The church in condeming the use of Condoms goes back the natural law. But if natural law is printed in peoples hearts, I think people themselves are in a good position to judge what works well for them.
Indeed abstinence and faithfulness are the best remedy in preventing HIV/AIDS but there are many millions as the figures indicate, who are falling short of lving up to these ideals and I think the use of condoms is the best option for them. The church is hypocritical on this matter in that HIV/AIDS is not only outside the church but within the church itself as their are priests, brothers and nuns are are dying or living withe the deadly disease and yet the church keeps silent and does not what to change its teaching which has proved to be ineffective. Why? They have diverted from the gospel where we see Jesus approaching the sick and curing them. He did not only give them the moral teaching on their sickness but cured them. Why can't the church start doing the same? It would be better for the church provide people with enough information on both abstinence, faithfulness and the use of condoms so that they can make sound judgment as to which part of the ABC suits them.
There are so many catholics who have resented the church's teaching on condoms and they go on silently using them. But what about the millions out there who rely on the church's teaching, should they leave them to die?
I would like to urge my fellow Christians to use their conscience in discerning what the church is saying and weighing them against all odds. The church has to stop using the dualism of sex and sin only then will it start talking about the condoms. But waiting for the church unitl it changes the way it looks at human sexuality will just lead to many millions dying whereas there lives would be saved if they used the condom.
Kennedy


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Condom Conundrum Divides The Church

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more