A Conversation for Faculty of Arts and Entertainment

Article or Project?

Post 1

James Casey

Latin in modern Western Civilization at http://www.h2g2.com/A495911

It's only in sketchy form at the moment - not so much the bare bones as odd bits of cartilage around. Is this an article or does it justify the opening of a Department of Classics?

And surely the University needs a latin motto? How about 'eminere pollicem discere est' (to hitchhike is to learn*) or 'discemus pollicem eminentes' (by hitchhiking we learn)? smiley - smiley


*not 'to hitchhike is to party' as discere suggests - though this would be appropriate too smiley - winkeye


Article or Project?

Post 2

h2g2Support

Nice article, KC.

One thing: University projects are made up of more than one entry, under the same topic, and this is a great single entry. If you could come up with plans to extend this to cover other topics which would fit into the same subject, then it'd make a cool project... but if not, it's better as a stand-alone entry for Peer Reviewing.

Just let mw know what you think. And I like the idea of a Latin motto for the University too. smiley - smiley

Mark


Article or Project?

Post 3

James Casey

Yes, it was one article, but I have been wondering whether it would be too much information for just one article.

I've restyled it in the manner of other University project pages, perhaps this will give a better idea.


Article or Project?

Post 4

h2g2Support

That looks worthwhile as a project, especially if you can come up with any other Latin-related entries to add to it (there's already one in the Edited Guide on handy Latin phrases, which can be linked to and mentioned in your list of entries, if you like).

If you'd like to do this as a project, then follow the instructions on http://www.h2g2.com/University-Recruit and email us with the details required; if you've already done this, then the reason we haven't got back to you yet is because of the festive break. We'll drop you a line as soon as we can.

Looking forward to helping you out, KC. smiley - smiley

Mak


Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Current University Projects' to 'Faculty of Arts and Entertainment'.


Uni: Latin - Abandoned

Post 6

Bluebottle

Researcher: U37977 – James Casey

Project Page: A495911

Unfinished Entries:
A497793 - Extant Latin
A497801 - Languages derived from Latin

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more