A Conversation for Coca-Cola

A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 41

shagbark

rereading the article it is now clear to me that this also is an article about the Corporation so what i said about other flavors would not apply.
Have you given any thought to the containers.
At one time you could recognise coke on the shelf by it's distincive bottle. some of these old coke bottles have become collectors items.


A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 42

meat3veg

Is it still true that there are only two places in the world that Coca-Cola is not the number one selling soft drink? One used to be Scotland, where Irn-Bru rules the roost, and I think there was another.


A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 43

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Well, when I was working in Moscow a few years ago, Pepsi was the only brand of Cola one could buy out there. I think a company had a franchise for manufacturing Pepsi in the former USSR.
(My keyboard functions seem to have reveresed themselves so I get lower case on the CAPS LOCK function and vice versa. So my apologies if it looks as though I'm shouting. Anyone know how to put this right?smiley - erm)


A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 44

FordsTowel

The history is a bit scant, and skips some rather important bits regarding its rise to popularity. The pharmacist who truly launched Coca Cola's success did so by expanding beyond the 'fountain drink' concept.

Coca Cola was orginally sold through pharmacies as a fountain drink, of course. But, that particular pharmacist realized that there were a lot of very thirsty miners nearby who could not pop into town every time they wanted to quench their thirsts. By bottling the drink, and hauling it to the customers, he simultaneously created a new bottling industry and advanced the concept of user-based placement for products.

If not for him, it would not have come close to hitting the same early level of popularity, as the range of sales would have been so limited. Gosh, after that, you could even store it in your own icebox! What a concept!

smiley - towel


A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 45

Skankyrich [?]

Propose a move to Flea Market.


A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 46

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

second. smiley - cheers


A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 47

Skankyrich [?]

Added smiley - ok


A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 48

shagbark

Better luck next time~~shagbark unsubscribes.


A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 49

razrtooth

I'm back. Unfortunately, due some major building works at my home, I have had no internet access for several months. I'll get onto updating the entry now.


A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 50

Skankyrich [?]

Great to have you back!

smiley - goodluck


A6056778 - Coca-Cola

Post 51

razrtooth

smiley - erm Wow, there's a lot to do.


Key: Complain about this post