A Conversation for Led Zeppelin - The Albums

Starting

Post 1

PaulBateman

This looks like a particularly good start. I'm impressed. perhaps something similar will be gone for other bands in the future. Unfortunately my knowledge of Led Zep albums is not as good as others but I'll try to start the ball rolling so to speak though what I'm about to write is probably already well documented. (Some of these may be incorrect).

Jimmy Page slashed his speakers to obtain the distortion for "Whole Lotta Love" (Album I or II - forget) Willie Dixon sued Led Zep for breach of copyright over this song as the riff closely resembles one of his songs. It's not the first time he's got royalties from the band.

Jimmy Page used a Fender Telecaster rather than his trademark Les Paul Gibson for the solo of "Stairway to Heaven" (Album IV).

"Four Sticks" (album IV) was named as the drummer used to play with four sticks instead of just two to get his hard hitting sound.

If I think of anything more I'll let you know.


Starting

Post 2

PaulBateman

Whoa. It's grown quite a bit since I looked the other day. I was wondering if it would be worth putting a message in the Musician Guild to attract more information from other members.


Starting

Post 3

PaulBateman

Um, this may seem like an odd question but why am I creditted with writing and researching this entry?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more