A Conversation for Notes From a Small Planet

amusing

Post 1

unremarkable: Lurker, OMFC, LPAS

so, if i gather correctly, Archer is being removed from government for lying about having sex with someone, and then lying under oath about it later? well well, i am curious what would happen to a conservative american politician in the same position... I believe we've seen what happens to more liberal ones?


amusing

Post 2

Ormondroyd

smiley - smiley Yes, and in both cases the woman was called Monica!

There are some major differences, though. Archer won a libel trial, and hefty damages, by lying on oath. At least Clinton couldn't be accused of trying to make a dishonest financial profit with his stretching of the truth about Ms Lewinsky!

Also, Archer isn't a member the governing party. In fact, he isn't a member of any party, because the Conservatives hastily expelled him when this scandal broke!


amusing

Post 3

unremarkable: Lurker, OMFC, LPAS

true enough, although one does hear the occasional stirring of dishonest financial handlings in the clinton administration, but i dont think that even if everything were true (and i doubt that ALL that is said is) it wouldnt come to light.

Thats gotta hurt, being given the boot by your party...owch. no future in politics for me, thank you smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more