A Conversation for The German Language

just grunting

Post 1

Hansego

Hi,
you seem to be a native speaker of the English language, although you have some problems spelling words like existence and visitors correctly. Did I get you right? Have you had insults on your mind when you wrote about German?

Please, keep in mind: There is ONE German language. However, there are plenty dialects of it, too. If you were lucky to study German and come across a guy from Bavaria, Saxonia or even the Black Forest you are in a mess, since these are probably the worst understood dialects (also for foreigners). Have a try with people from around Hannover, Magdeburg and the Harz mountains. They speak plain German.

With regard to the nature of the language: Have you ever tried to read news groups or other forums where native English speakers are involved from the aspect of a non-native speaker? Probably you'll find that THIS is really hard to follow.

Let me address another issue: Doens't the feeling how easy a language can be learned depend on the skills and experience of the teacher and the quality of the learning materials, too?

Feel free to ask me questions about German.

Have a nice day


Key: Complain about this post

just grunting

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more