A Conversation for Antiques Roadshow--The American Series

well, now.

Post 1

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Oh, that was good. I particularly like the subheadings...Lakota War Bonnet, indeed. Mighty good piece of writing! See you tomorrow night, dear.


well, now.

Post 2

marvthegrate LtG KEA

This was a good article. If you want to have it considered for official inclusion to the guide you may want to alert one of the scouts. I like the flow of the entry, but it could possibly be a bit longer. Perhaps examples of particularly pricey "wins" like the Lakota War Bonnet (see I watch it every once in a while too).


well, now.

Post 3

Bald Bloke

Nice one FG

PS
Did you know that the US version now puts in appearances on cable / sattellite in the UK.

Talk about taking coals to Newcastle smiley - biggrin


well, now.

Post 4

FG

Marv--I did throw it in the peer review hopper. And, I made that title up. I can't remember, offhand, of any pricey war bonnets, Lakota or otherwise.

BB--lucky you. Orcus in the UK was just wishing he could see the American version as well. Apparently they don't show the fakes along with the valuables. Those are better to watch (as in what to *watch for*), in my opinion.


well, now.

Post 5

Bald Bloke

I remember quite a few things turning up on the UK show over the years which were not "as they should be" including some Bronze statues which turned out to be modern and made from iron slag (did that guy look P***** off).


well, now.

Post 6

marvthegrate LtG KEA

FG There is some native american beadwork and mocs that were appraised at some ghastly sum. I thought that was what you were referring to. It could have been a Lakota war bonnet but possibly is not.


well, now.

Post 7

FG

You could be right; in any case I did not want to refer to something I cannot entirely remember. Not that it hasn't ever stopped me before...smiley - tongueout


well, now.

Post 8

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I am sure that they have a webpage devoted to the show on the PBS orginization site. Perhaps you can look there for particular examples.


well, now.

Post 9

FG

Okay, now I suspect that you did not read it after all. That link at the bottom? That's to the Roadshow!


well, now.

Post 10

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I rarely read links. I just do not see them. And yes I did read it. Just not all that carefully.


well, now.

Post 11

FG

Humph...just as I thought.


well, now.

Post 12

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Humph, youself! I did indeed read it, just not that last bit as I got distracted by work. I hate when work interferes with my OL life.


well, now.

Post 13

FG

Yes, considering that your OL life is far more interesting...smiley - nahnah


well, now.

Post 14

marvthegrate LtG KEA

That was hardly nice However true it may be.


Back at 'ya!

Post 15

FG

A big wet Bronx raspberry to you, too!


well, now.

Post 16

marvthegrate LtG KEA

D'Oh! I meant


well, now.

Post 17

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Or even smiley - tongueout


well, now.

Post 18

FG

There's a smiley for that now: smiley - doh Knowing you, you'll probably have to use it a lot.


well, now.

Post 19

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I still think my favorite is when the woman found out that the really ugly helmet she had was a gold-chased Italian helmet from the days of Cesare Borgia worth a cool quarter million. She fainted dead away...


Key: Complain about this post