A Conversation for Tears for Fears - The Band

A590069 - Tears for Fears - The Band

Post 1

Catwoman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A590069

Most people remember Tears for Fears for songs like Shout and Everybody Wants to Rule the World. Their career, however, stretched from a relatively unimpressive beginning in the band Graduate and lasted until 1996. Main man Roland Orzabal was (and still is) a brilliant musician with an intuitive knowledge of great music - something he amply demonstrated during the 14 years of Tears for Fears.


A590069 - Tears for Fears - The Band

Post 2

Will Of God

What! No mention of them on the soundtrack of "Real Genius"?

BTW Sybil wasn't schizophrenic she had DIS (Disassocitive Identity Syndrome) or whatever they are calling it nowdays (it changes everytime they find a case and someone gets to publish smiley - sadface )


A590069 - Tears for Fears - The Band

Post 3

Catwoman

I think several of their songs (particularly b-sides) have been used in film soundtracks, but I'm not aware of 'Real Genius'. Should I be?


A590069 - Tears for Fears - The Band

Post 4

Will Of God

Perhaps this strays from your topic, but it is the best film Val Kilmer has ever been in, and IMAO one of the best films of all time smiley - smiley

Check it out.

(oh, and it has "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" in it)


A590069 - Tears for Fears - The Band

Post 5

Catwoman

Thanks for that - I'll look out for it.

As for whether it strays from the topic, I don't know. If I could find enough TfF songs used in film soundtracks it could warrant a paragraph (or a section) of its own. I know that 'New Star' was used in the film 'Threesome' but can't think of any more offhand. Any offers?

smiley - cat


A590069 - Tears for Fears - The Band

Post 6

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I can't comment on their music, but...

the entry is a great one smiley - biggrin


Bossel


A590069 - Tears for Fears - The Band

Post 7

Catwoman

Thanks, again, for your kind comment.

smiley - cat


A590069 - Tears for Fears - The Band

Post 8

Ormondroyd

Superb Entry. To be honest, I was never a huge fan of TfF, but you've convinced me that I may have misjudged them! I think the preferred Edited Guide style is single quotes and plain text for song titles and italics for album titles, but the subs could probably fix that. The (excellent) Radiohead Entry you've referenced is now in the Edited Guide, so you could take the '(recommended)' out of the link.

Great stuff - very thorough and informative. I've had a couple of ideas for music-related Entries, and I feel inspired to go and work on them now! smiley - musicalnotesmiley - ok


A590069 - Tears for Fears - The Band

Post 9

Catwoman

Thank you for the nice comments - I may go back and change the TfF entry to fit with the h2g2 stylings you mention, save the SubEds some work.

And I agree with you about the Radiohead entry - it is great. I should really go back and tell the author - I'm sure she/he would appreciate it.

smiley - cat


Thread Moved

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'Tears for Fears - The Band'.

This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review Forum because your entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

You can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Thread Moved

Post 11

Ormondroyd

Yay - the smiley - wah 4 smiley - yikes Entry is going in the Edited Guide!
Congratulations, smiley - cat!
smiley - biggrinsmiley - bubbly


Thread Moved

Post 12

Catwoman

Why, thank you kindly.

Perhaps you could tell me if I still have time to make a few changes (such as those you mentioned above)? I read somwhere a while ago that as soon as an entry is recommended it's copied and any further changes have to be made by an Ed or SubEd. Is this true?

Not that it really matters.

smiley - cat


Thread Moved

Post 13

Ormondroyd

That is true, but the subs are pretty good at sorting out minor style problems. The edited version of the Entry will appear in the list of 'Guide Entries this Researcher has created' on your Personal Space several days before it appears on the front page, so you have the chance to contact the Italics if you think anything terrible has been done to your Entry.

And that is very unlikely. In my experience, the editors have a pretty light touch. Us Scouts send the subs and the editors the URL of the relevant Peer Review thread as well as that of the Entry when we recommend an Entry, so they have all the comments that have been made about the Entry to hand when they come to look at it - in this case, including my suggestions. smiley - smiley


A590069 - Tears for Fears - The Band

Post 14

THE KID

One of my favorite groups. l liked "Sowing the seeds of love",and the rest of the CD. Can't remeber the name of CD.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more