A Conversation for Notes From a Small Planet

Politicians....

Post 1

Methos (one half of the HHH Management)

Hi!

And to think that such a man is now the president of one of the most powerful countries of the world. Now, isn't that great? Now, I really do feel safe for he's surely one hell of a diplomat.

But my respect for politicians is already really low. You know, in school we read speaches from Latin politicians. They really could talk. Today politicians stammer searching for words and blether without really saying anything. I mean, one would think that to become a leading politician in a country, you'd have to be kind of wise or something. And not just in how you get the money for your election campaign! I think, your idea with that logos sewn on the cloth is great. That would at least be honest, wouldn't it!

But you're right. Let's not get bitter. So have a nice day!

Methos


Politicians....

Post 2

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

perhaps the Lib Dem's will start off the trend!

-- DoctorMO --


Politicians....

Post 3

J. Nigel Aalst

"And to think that such a man is now the president of one of the most powerful countries of the world. Now, isn't that great? Now, I really do feel safe for he's surely one hell of a diplomat. "

This is just further evidence of the lack of taste, discrimination or standards held by the American public. (see also McDonald's, Britney Spears, Ronald Reagan, Survivor, Budweiser...)


Politicians....

Post 4

Ormondroyd

Personally, I don't feel able to lambast Americans too harshly over their choice of leader, partly because more of them voted for Al Gore than for Dubya and partly because I come from the nation that elected Margaret Thatcher THREE TIMES. Once could be considered careless, twice seemed stupid, thrice was downright masochistic. Likewise, while Britney is their fault, Steps and S Club 7 are ours. smiley - yuk

Also, while our US cousins have given us a lot of unutterable crap, they did give us rock'n'roll and the movies. Which makes up for a lot.

However, well done for remembering Survivor. What a truly horrible band they were! I'll never forget the great DJ John Peel's comment after their "Eye Of the Tiger" video was shown on a TV show he was presenting: "And there's Survivor, probably the best band with that name in the whole world". smiley - winkeye



Politicians....

Post 5

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

>>>>>>>


--DoctorMO --


Politicians...

Post 6

Nema Fakei

Greetings and Salutations.

Well, the American at least will give the US a worse reputation and poor foreign relations - Europe will soon be very intolerant of him and his country. Hopefully then, the UK and other G7ers will get more trade and money...

Ah well...

Nema Fakei


Politicians...

Post 7

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

as I faxed him, I'm glad he's making a compleat bals up because I think that it someone elses turn to be super power, or at least for my mate David to be the new world president!

P.S. for any one that dosn't know, dave got turned down to be a Rocket Scientist because he was too clever, (the world in which we live)

-- DoctorMO --


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more