A Conversation for To the Edited Guide

A579341 - McIntosh Reserve

Post 1

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A579341

This is an article about county park in Carrol County, Georgia, USA. As my wife and I travel through the state, I'm trying to do articles on where we go.


A579341 - McIntosh Reserve

Post 2

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Hi Two Bit smiley - smiley

Short and to the point, and I don't see problems to get it into the Guide smiley - smiley

Alas, I'd like to know something about what it is that should make me want to visit the park: what does the grave look like, is it the landscape, does it have rare plants, endangered species of any kind - or does 'plantation' in Georgia automatically hint at cotton fields (I had that point with another entry around here) ?

I guess there aren't any radars in the park? smiley - winkeye


Bossel (wearing his Scout hat)


A579341 - McIntosh Reserve

Post 3

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

The plantaion thing is a good point. I don't think most grew cotton. Or at least most of them had to be self sufficeint. Right now it's just an old house and grass. There are some other plantations that are parks, and they make for fascinating visits.

There aren't any radars in this park. It's a good question though. smiley - smiley Georgia parks seem to be heavily policed. The Department of Natuarl Resources has several hundred sworn rangers who patrol the state parks, waterways and hunting areas. They're some of the most powerful police officers in the state. Stone Mountain Park has its own police department. Several counties also maintain seperate police agencies for patrolling parks.


A579341 - McIntosh Reserve

Post 4

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Err... could you be bothered to put these bits into the entry please?


A579341 - McIntosh Reserve

Post 5

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I've made a couple of minor changes. I'm not going to include stuff about our DNR rangers, since this is a county park. The rangers work the state parks. There's a plantaion I'm going to visit in a little while where I learn more about plantations.

I didn't see a whole lot of other attractions. Mostly it's fields, camping sites, walking and riding trails, and the little water park.


Thread Moved

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'McIntosh Reserve, Georgia, USA'.

This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review Forum because your entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

You can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for To the Edited Guide

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more