And Another Thing

1 Conversation

A sparkly sign saying 'Don't Panic'.

People of Earth! Don't Panic!

Quiz the author of the latest book in the celebrated

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, And Another Thing...

WebTV Show date: Friday 9th October

WebTV Show time: 2.30pm BST

Do you know the answer to life, the universe and everything1? Can you make a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster? Do you know where your towel is? If this makes sense then you must be aware of the science fiction comedy phenomenon The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. If not – then where have you been for the past 30 years?

To mark the three decades since publication of the first book in Douglas Adams' bestselling Hitchhiker's series, a new book is being released that continues the adventures of eternal pessimist Arthur Dent, his alien best friend Ford Prefect and the two headed Galactic President Zaphod Beelbebrox.

The book: And Another Thing... - has been written by the bestselling author of Artemis Fowl, Eoin Colfer. Artemis Fowl has sold over 18 million copies worldwide and is published in 44 countries. Fully sanctioned by Jane Belson, the widow of the Hitchhiker's series creator Douglas Adams, And Another Thing... is available in all good bookshops from Monday, 12th October.

Colfer will be touring around the UK promoting and signing copies of his new book beginning with Hitchcon'09 on Sunday; 11th October at the Royal Festival Hall in central London; where a gathering of the largest number of Hitchhiker fans ever will take place. The public will have the opportunity to hear Eoin read from

And Another Thing...

for the first time, as well as enjoy a host of Hitchhiker related events including a live re-creation of the classic radio plays with the original cast of actors.

So for the devout 'Uberhitchers' that have waited their entire lives to question a Hitchhiker's author, or the 'Artemis Advocates' that supported Colfer's appointment, or anyone else interested in what is sure to be the literary event of the year – why not log on to our webchat and submit your questions to our very special guest? Colfer will also be revealing when his book tour will be coming to a city near you.

Eoin Colfer joins us live online at WebchatTV on Friday 9th October at TBC to discuss And Another Thing.... Click here to submit questions before the chat.

A Brief Biog

Eoin Colfer grew up in Wexford, Ireland, and in 2001 the first Artemis Fowl book was published, allowing him to resign from teaching and concentrate fully on writing. The series has sold over 18 million copies worldwide. Colfer currently lives in Ireland with his wife and two children.

General Features

Archive

The Duke of Dunstable

05.10.09 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1For more information visit Eoin Colfer's website.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A57811665

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more