Murray the Sasquatch League Campaign Headquarters

2 Conversations

Murray the Sasquatch League Campaign Headquarters

Characters from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

You all love The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, right? OF COURSE! Well so do I, Darth Zaphodsmiley - planet, and my trusty running mate Chaunceysmiley - angel. In fact, that is exactly the basis for our campaign! Chauncey and I encompass the characteristics, wit, humor, intellect, and charm that all HHGTTG fans have, and we promise to use it to serve you BEST!

Want to see your faithful candidates?

I suggest you check out THIS!

So why exactly should we vote for YOU, DZ?

An excellent question, voting public! And one which I will address with the cunning use of a BULLETED LIST!

  • Darth Zaphod and Chauncey are both well-versed Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy readers, and can talk hootoo with the best of them!
  • We will not attempt to wow you with amazing GuideML effects that just clutter the page and make your eyes go all squinty. We'll present the real facts to you in an easy-to-read manner!
  • We are both 19 years young and 3-and-a-half year h2g2 members, giving us the benefit of being both experienced and young! We won't die in office, we promise!
  • Darth Zaphod and Chauncey both have impressive h2g2 resumes, including but not limited to:

    1. Darth Zaphod wrote In Other Words for two years for h2g2's The Post

    2. Darth Zaphod and Chauncey founded everybody's favorite Random Quoting site, The Random Quotes Guild!

Impressive indeed, DZ. But could you tell us a little more about you?

But of course! Well, Darth Zaphod is currently attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as an English major emphasis creative writing and History minor. Chauncey is attending UNL as well, but is currently on a 1 semester sabbatical to help out at her local Youth Group. She is a Political Science major and wants to be a senator someday! Both of us hail from Gothenburg, Nebraska, a tiny little town in the middle of the U.S. of A that is pretty insignificant so never you mind. DZ's real name is Katie, and she and Chauncey have been the bestest of friends for nearly six years!

Lancaster University's Chaplaincy Centre




Next semester, when Chauncey resumes her schooling, DZ will be studying abroad at Lancaster University in England, so keep an eye out for her there!

That's all great, but what do you guys STAND for?

Darth Zaphodsmiley - planet and Chaunceysmiley - angel stand for:

  • Treating animals nicely, especially kittens
  • Cleaning your plate at dinner, even the veggies!
  • Showering daily, if not more
  • Doing our own laundry
  • Random hugs
  • Paperclips
  • Really tall icecream cones
  • Ranch dressing
  • The Random Quotes Guild
  • Any and all monkeys
  • Talking on our cell phones
  • Giving compliments
  • Lady Scot's adopted family
  • The Kingdom Balwyniti
  • World Peace

Sounds good enough to me, DZ! Now how do we vote for you?

For aaaaaall the election details, you should all check out the Virtual Prez Elections page. Voting starts toward the end of October, so you have plenty of time to sit and ponder just how much you'd LOVE to have DZ be your President and Chauncey be your Vice President!

Thank you all very much for taking the time to read our campaign site! Let us know that we have your support by posting a thread here! Best of luck to the rest of the candidates, and we'll see you at the polls in October!smiley - pumpkin

Sincerely yours,
Darth Zaphodsmiley - planet and Chaunceysmiley - angel


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A5780757

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more