A Conversation for TyPolytechnic

A protest

Post 1

Jimi X

How can you judge my work based on that silly typo in the Great Erie Gauge War entry?

Have you seen the offline content I've produced for the various newspapers I've worked at? Well?

I thought not. smiley - tongueout

If you had seen my offline work, you would have seen an 'expansion at the pubic library' and a man arrested on charges of 'pubic drunkenness'

That railway from New York to Ireland is small potatoes compared to those gaffs. The 'pubic library' typo was in a headline! smiley - ok

That one should at least be worth a master's degree. smiley - winkeye


A protest

Post 2

Ugi - Keeper of typos & spelling errers - MAT (see A575912)

Fantastic !

Talent and dedication - clearly you will go far!

I stand (or rather sit) suitably corrected smiley - grovel.

While, of course, we at the TyPolytechnic can only assess the work that is drawn to our attention, I can assure you that your work will be given full and due consideration (probably tomorrow lunchtime, when I have time to do an edit).

Watch this space!

Ugi


A protest

Post 3

Lighthousegirl - back on board



Humm

The pubic / public error - frequently made and often in embarrassing (whoops that nearly said embracing smiley - smiley) places! Would make a good dissertation subject for someone ...

Ugi - it seems like JimiX is well practised at alternative typography and I would recommend that he continues his studies with suitable recognition from us

Shouls we consider having an awards ceremony?


A protest

Post 4

Ugi - Keeper of typos & spelling errers - MAT (see A575912)

We certainly shouls [sic. - now no showing off Dr UK]!

I was just weighing up the work submitted & wondering if our first non-honaray Doctorate might be called for. It has amusement value, shows dedication and brings alternative typography to a wider audience. Humm, what do you say?


A protest

Post 5

Lighthousegirl - back on board

Possibly...

Pubic / public has been done before smiley - winkeye and resulted in a MAT. CV's are a good source of typos and frequently keep me amused, what was the publication (or should that be pubication) involved?

Should we ask for a dissertation or paper of some sort before awarding doctorates?

I think we should definitely award a MAT and recommend that he study for a DrAT - I would like to see more of JimiX's work - he has shown both dedication and humour and he should be encouraged to produce more smiley - biggrin


A protest

Post 6

Ugi - Keeper of typos & spelling errers - MAT (see A575912)

Right then...

As duly appointed representative, I hereby decree, on behalf of the Principal and Senior Letcherer - ahem - Lecturer, that, for his widespread and imaginative use of the public/pubic typographical error, Mr JimiX is hereby awarded the degree of Master of Alternative Typography from the h2g2 TyPolytechnic.

It is further my duty and pleasure to point out that since this is such a shining example of how Alternative Typography can be brought to the masses, this work will provide considerable credit should Mr X wish to apply for a higher award in the future.

Congratulations Mr JimiX. smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - biggrinsmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly


A protest

Post 7

Lighthousegirl - back on board

Congratulations JimiX

sips smiley - bubbly
and then another smiley - bubbly


A protest

Post 8

Jimi X

ithankyou

smiley - bubbly


A protest

Post 9

Ugi - Keeper of typos & spelling errers - MAT (see A575912)

Typoly page has been updated to reflect your new status smiley - bubbly

Ugi


A protest

Post 10

Jimi X

ithankyouonceagain

*buys a round of smiley - bubbly*


A protest

Post 11

Lighthousegirl - back on board



Did you know I do some of my best work after a few smiley - bubbly's I do love a good celebration

More smiley - bubbly anyone?


Key: Complain about this post