A Conversation for The Muses' Campfire

The Campfire ...

Post 1

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

"Well, here we are. Musemother St. Dragonfly told me that somewhere near the observation tower there might be a wonderful place for a campfire."

*walking around in the dark, listening to the sound of nature, crickets chirping, stars moving above in absolute silence*

*suddenly the plashing of a little creek can be heared*

"That must be the place she was talking about: A nice, quiet, romantic glade by a creek, exactly what I was looking for."smiley - ok

*J starts to collect some rocks for a fireplace. A few moments later the fire is burning, sending a warm glare to the trees around the place. A self filling crate of smiley - ale has been dumped into the creek which happens to be abundant of trout, bass, char and all other kinds of edible smiley - fish. Taking out his old but reliable guitar he starts to sing some old-fashioned melancholic and romantic tunes. Between two of the trees some dinner jackets are hanging on a leash.*

"I know they are going to see the glare of my fire from the observation tower, so someone will be here very soon. Everybody's welcome to sit down, relax, let one's mind wander, listen to the music, talk a bit (or don't, no one is forced to), have a smiley - ale from the creek, catch a smiley - fish, get a steak from the icebox or roast some marshmallows."


The Campfire ...

Post 2

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

...are you suggesting we eat raw beef!?? smiley - tongueout

::pssstt... I was kinda hoping that the Muse Campgrounds would become an actual entry like Urania herself, but this is good... a kind of test-drive... My apologies for not being completely clear... but I think Campgrounds deserve their own special spot... YAY!!!::

::tunes her guitar to Jeremy's::


The Campfire ...

Post 3

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

:::Psst:::

I had started making a real place out of it, but I couldn't find a decent campfire pic. There was a campfire Entry in the peer review, but it was not accepted due to an unclear copyright situation.

Anyhow, let's first see whether there's a demand for a campfire ...

How about trying to play The Corrs' interpretation of Jimi Hendrix' "Little Wing"?

*Starting off with Em79, which looks daunting when written down but requires only two fingers to fret it*


The Campfire ...

Post 4

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

The Campfire is now officially burning at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A572735 .


The Campfire ...

Post 5

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

YAY!!!


Key: Complain about this post