A Conversation for The I Ching: The Book of Change

I Ching

Post 1

Gone again

Well done, Zen! smiley - winkeye Another triumph! A couple of minor comments:

1. In the first paragraph, I wonder if it is worth mentioning the tarot, to place the I Ching (as an oracle) in context?

2. I have been told that the I Ching is "not just an oracle, but also a philosophy", but I haven't been able to find any info on this with a web search. Does anyone know any more?

Pattern-chaser


I Ching

Post 2

ZenMondo

Alluding to other oracular or divinitory devices such as Tarot cards, or a Ouji board may make things a lil' clearer. Thanks.

As the I Ching as a philosophy I don't know any websites that talk about this. But there is a massive page of I Ching bookmarks on the web. If you have Micro$oft exploder, you can type the word "[URL information removed by moderator]" in the address bar and hit alt-Enter and that should take you to it. If you have some other browser just put triple-w-dot in front of the above mentioned word, and a dot-com after it.(HA HA directions to a website, but no URL take that, Moderator! (What is the thinking about not allowing URL's in messages again?))

There are plenty of books about the philosophy of the I Ching though, check out your local library. The best book about the I Ching though is the I Ching itself. smiley - smileysmiley - zen


I Ching

Post 3

Gone again

Seems like the moderator (to the B ark with them all!) got you anyway, Zen, but thanks for the thought!

Pattern-chaser


I Ching

Post 4

ZenMondo

I can't believe they censored the single word "zhouyi". What an anal censor! So its now 'illegal' to describe an URL. Weird. I think I will have to have a Guide Entry with links I wanna mention in forums.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The I Ching: The Book of Change

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more