A Conversation for Beyond Hack and Slash - the birth of roleplaying in M*s.

A566129 - Beyond Hack and Slash - M*s and Roleplaying.

Post 1

Aka Raine

Here is a link to my first ever guide entry: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A566129.

I was hoping someone would be willing to look over it and tell me what you think, give suggestions and, well.. anything that'll help, really. I'd appreciate it.
Aka


A566129 - Beyond Hack and Slash - M*s and Roleplaying.

Post 2

xyroth

seems fine to me, but I would point out that star trek inspired arcade games which inspired muds based on the universe, not the other way around as it read at the moment.
Also you might want to improve the name, as it sounds like you are talking about going beyond hack and slash in gaming, rather than just in rpg's. If you are talking about more than just rpg's, you will need to considerably expand the write up.


A566129 - Beyond Hack and Slash - M*s and Roleplaying.

Post 3

Aka Raine

Good point with the arcade games - I worked that in. I'm still pondering titles - the one on there doesn't quite work, and I knew it before. I'll keep twiddling until I find one that does.


A566129 - Beyond Hack and Slash - M*s and Roleplaying.

Post 4

Martin Harper

I'm not sure about the title - but maybe it's worth chatting to the author of this piece: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A523612

Myself, I wonder if you're trying to cover too much - giving the history of the thing, along with what they are, and how to use them, and so on... perhaps the first thing to do would be to write an overview entry which just says what the heck MUDs are, with nice simple examples for those who've never come across them, before going into details...


Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The h2g2 Writing Workshop' to 'Beyond Hack and Slash - the birth of roleplaying in M*s.'.

This Conversation has been moved because thias entry has now been recommended by a Scout from Peer Review. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more