A Conversation for Intelligence

Just out of interest

Post 21

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

smiley - erm read what?

If you mean about not having had negative results - its just me talking!!! I just meant that to say that seti had had negative results implies that they had had any results at all......

In SETI there can be no negative results (IMHO), unless God comes down and tells us we ARE all alone. smiley - biggrin


Just out of interest

Post 22

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

*Also the search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence hasn't only had "negative" results - that would imply they had a result which showed there were no ETs out there - all they have is "no result" not the same thing,.... *
Considering they have only searched about a billionth {or something} of the available sky, I reckon it would have been a damned good arrow if they had have found something!
My last seti unit wouldn't go at all.
And now I can't bring up the websitesmiley - sadface
I've uninstalled it, and going to download it again when the website is back up.
Although I thought the original trial was only supposed to be a year, I heard they were going to extend it by a year, it's gotta be that now, right?


Just out of interest

Post 23

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

I thought they were still working through the data they had already gathered so far...

I have no idea how long its scheduled to continue - I will have to check the site (smiley - wow anagram of seti) out again!


Just out of interest

Post 24

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Got it going againsmiley - winkeye
*and* my unit before last was one of those mysterious 5-minute ones.
That brought down my stats!smiley - bigeyes


Just out of interest

Post 25

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Hmmm..Must remember to check the site out again one day soon, and put my work PC to some good use! smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Intelligence

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more