A Conversation for Feminism

Approved?

Post 1

Andy

Now, I'm all for some light teasing about the "battle of the sexes", but does it belong in H2G2's "approved" entry on Feminism?

The Feminist movement is about equality, pure and simple. Like all movements, however, there are participants who wish to bend it for their own personal gain. Most specifically, the stereotypical butch lesbian man-hater and the ultra-paranoid oppressive man.

Either way, there is much more at stake than bras and handcuffs. It's about women getting enough respect to walk safely down the street. It's about women being treated as people, not as objects or frail, helpless flowers. It's about changing a society that inherently treats women as inferior.


Approved?

Post 2

MaW

I agree. This is quite definitely not Approved Guide stuff. It should at least be longer, with better research.


Approved?

Post 3

Anya

Absolutely. A humorous take on feminism would not be out of place in the Guide, but please God research it and make it accurate.


Approved?

Post 4

Researcher 104723

I agree with most of your statement, but are not we all wanting the same thing from each other.I think men treat women as frail helpless individuals to stroke their own ego's and to keep their insecurities in check.Also remeber, that not all women are extrem feminest nor all men mcp's.


Approved?

Post 5

Researcher 104723

I agree with most of your statement, but are not we all wanting the same thing from each other.I think men treat women as frail helpless individuals to stroke their own ego's and to keep their insecurities in check.Also remeber, that not all women are extrem feminest nor all men mcp's.


Approved?

Post 6

Researcher 106672

In addition to the little feminism debate going on in the guide, there are some important facts that have not been raised. At this current time, on the eve of the 21st century, the female variant of the species is evolving faster than the male. The fight over the last hundred years or so for equality between men and women has now moved in an opposite direction. The female is now most definately the stronger sex, and any doubts as to this theory should NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES be addressed to a female armed with either a frying pan or a severe case of Pre Menstrual Syndrome. But seriously, no matter how much we wish for equality, it's never going to happen between two such diverse biologically different strains of humanity. Such is life... It'll always run one way or the other, with one or the other on top, as it were. Ah well, such is life.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more