Just for Fun

0 Conversations



Yet another new venture in this weeks 'Just For Fun', you can now vote on exciting questions of the week. Ohhh what fun!!!



IT'S A WRAP


The weekly movie quiz for all you film buffs out there...answers, as usual, in next weeks 'The Post'.


GROUNDHOG DAY


He's having the day of his life...over and over again.

  1. Who plays Phil Connors?
  2. Punxsutawney is in which State of America?
  3. Who directed the film?
  4. How often does Groundhog Day occur?
  5. What is Phil Connors job?


JOKE OF THE WEEK


A duke is hunting in a forest with his men-at-arms and servants when he comes upon a tree. Archery targets are painted all over it, and smack in the middle of each is an
arrow.


"Who is this incredibly fine archer?" cries the duke. "I must find him."


After continuing through the forest for a few miles, he comes across a small boy carrying a bow and arrow. Eventually the boy admits that it was he who shot the arrows plumb in the center of all the targets.


"You didn't just walk up to the targets and hammer the arrows into the middle, did you?" asks the duke worriedly.


"No my lord. I shot them from 100 paces. I swear it by all that I hold holy."


"That is truly astonishing," says the duke. "I hereby admit you into my service. But I must ask one favor in return. You must tell me how you came to be such an outstanding shot."


"Well," said the boy, "first I fire the arrow at the tree, and then I paint the target around it."




GET YOUR THINKING CAP ON


A question will be set every week for you all to try and answer. The question will be a mind-bending puzzle, and the answer will be given next week.

The question:-
What is as big as a hippopotamus,the same shape as a hippopotamus, but weighs a lot less than a hippopotamus?


FUN ON h2g2


I enjoy browsing pages on h2g2, so I thought that I would bring your attention to some of the fun researcher written pages I have come across on my travels.




Cow Patty Bingo, sounds like fun, doesn't it? Written by SetupWeasel, it's something that you may not have thought existed, but it does, and here's the article to prove it.



CLICK HERE


NAME THAT SONG


Each week I will print a quote from a song, all you have to do is guess the title of the song and who sang it.

This weeks quote:-




'Once in every life-time, comes a love like this'


THE WEEKLY ANAGRAM


For those that don't know, an anagram is a word or words, formed from rearranging letters from another word or words. An example anagram would be, Cat Got Beer, which rearranged makes my name Greebo T. Cat.

Each week I will print an anagram and a clue to what it is. You will have until next week to get the answer.



MET HOT QUEER HEN


hint:Royalty



GREEBO'S BIG ONE


Would you like your say on the big issues of the day? Well here's your chance, click below to get transported to Greebo's voting booth, were you can answer the question of the week.

Results will be printed next week.

VOTE HERE


LAST WEEK'S ANSWERS



It's A Wrap

THREE KINGS

  1. Who plays Major Archie Gates?
    George Clooney
  2. During which war is this film set?
    The Gulf Warl
  3. Who directed the film?
    David O. Russell
  4. Who plays Sergeant Elgin?
    Ice Cube
  5. Where was the gold originally stolen from?
    Kuwaitl

Get You Thinking Cap On


Q. There are four pairs of blue socks and three pairs of red socks in a drawer. In the dark, how many socks must you take out of the drawer to be sure of getting a matching pair?

A. Three. Each sock could be either red or blue; even if the first two are different colours, the third will have to match one or the other.

Name That Song


Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey


The Weekly Anagram


TRY PERT CHATTER =TERRY PRATCHETT


AND FINALLY



Send your jokes, letters and anything else to me here:-
Greebo T. Cat


Please Write 'JUST FOR FUN' in the Subject Line, or your letter may be overlooked.


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

10.05.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A545663

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more