A Conversation for Land Rover - Birth of a Legend

I'm not the only LR nut here then!

Post 1

AndyC the WB

An excellent potted history of the Land Rover. Would be nice if it had some links to more detailed information.


I'm not the only LR nut here then!

Post 2

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

Pretty much the story as far as I recall it....fairly well written too.

BTW, not only am I a Land Rover nut, I work there as well (gasp!) so if you need any info (about past stuff obviously, otherwise I'll get shot) then just drop us a line!


I'm not the only LR nut here then!

Post 3

Delta dave, space tree

nice to see landrover in here. I have a lovely B reg 110. shame you cant tell us what coming next in the landrover family.


I'm not the only LR nut here then!

Post 4

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

It's in the latest issue of Auto Express (if you're in the UK), on the front page! It has caused quite a scandal round here, I can tell you.....

Apart from that, my lips are sealed smiley - winkeye. Incidentally, I did a lot of work on the facelifted Freelander, and the sports version drives very well.

It's just not what a Land Rover is about, though. A mate of mine had a D-reg V8 90 - very nice......


I'm not the only LR nut here then! - Oh No!

Post 5

kourgath

Howdy,

I've just read the articles - nicely concise smiley - smiley

I'm definately a LR nut, and given the Land Rover being classed by BBC Top Gear as the greatest car ever, I would expect you to have hundreds of replies.

I've got a 1985 90 which has gone from 2.5 4 cyl to 4.6V8. I do off-road trails and teach off-roading as well.

Land Rover under Ford must not forget the roots of LR and make the next Defender as "giant meccano" as the previous ones as well as keep the electronics simple or avoid them where possible. The talked about utility and lifestyle versions might help. But to be honest how much of Land Rovers money is from us nut&bolt types rather than SUV owners?

I've been to the factory and taken the tour (with Les) and would suggest that if anyone into LR get the chance that they do too...

Cheers
Kourgath


I'm not the only LR nut here then! - Oh No!

Post 6

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

The trouble is that most of the money is coming in from Americans buying Range Rovers - we can't build enough of them...

The good reception to the new Disco has been great, but I have to agree with what you say about Defender. Its simple in its very nature, and that's part of its appeal smiley - smiley That said, it's in no danger of being killed off for another few years yet!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Land Rover - Birth of a Legend

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more