A Conversation for The BBC

The BBC

Post 1

Jim the Wonder Llama (back from yonder)

As a citizen of Britain I have unadulterated access to the BBC for all the hours of the day god sends us. On many points it has a very good track record.
However....
I wish they wouldn't put so many bloody repeats on. That's what people pay SKY for.


The BBC

Post 2

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

To a foreigner, even an emigre like myself, the BBC is like the Royal Navy of a century ago: a glorious polished icon of eveything one admires about Britain. Perhaps, like the Royal Navy of a century ago, the message in home port is more of press-gangs and the pox.


The BBC

Post 3

Jim the Wonder Llama (back from yonder)

Unlike the Royal Navy of today, the BBC does not seem to have changed for over a century (okay, it's not really a century, but near enough). And I'm surprised they haven't put any repeats on from then either. Not only that but I'm sure the BBC has repeated itself a lot more than the Royal Navy. I stil think our best export is beer, though.


The BBC

Post 4

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Cheers!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more