A Conversation for Germany

Mixed up

Post 1

Researcher 33594 (Wanderer)

I guess the researcher has mixed up Germany with Austria.
The Wiener Schnitzel definitly and per definitionem is typical for Vienna (Wien), Austria.
Austrians are good at music and good at comedy.
Btw, Austrians tend to get very angry when being mixed up with Germans, or Australians
I suggest making an own entry for Austria.


Mixed up

Post 2

Garfield formerly known as Sandmaennchen

Germans also don't like being mixed up with Austrians. Oh, and Bavarians don't like being mixed up with Germans or Austrians smiley - smiley


Mixed up

Post 3

Pittiplatsch

The Bavarians really don't want to be mistaken with Germans and Austrians. Sometimes I think they even want to have their own country! They already have a party which you can only elect in Bavaria. Now I think it's strange with all this seperation that everybody seeems to think that all Germans follow Bavarian traditions eg. Lederhosen and so on.


Austria

Post 4

Researcher 33594 (Wanderer)

I've made a page about I've made a page about Austria http://www.h2g2.com/A31979 . I don't know why the search doesn't find it...


Austria

Post 5

Pittiplatsch

Perhaps the search looks only for sensible articles!
I don't believe DA has been to A.!


Innsbruck

Post 6

Researcher 33594 (Wanderer)

In Guide To The Guide he tells us:
``The idea for the title first cropped up while I was lying drunk in a field in Innsbruck, Austria, in 1971.''
Perheaps we should rather discuss this at the forum about Austria...


Mixed up

Post 7

BonsaiPaladin

I'm from Bavaria and I really don't like to be mixed up with an Austian or other German people!


Mixed up

Post 8

Pittiplatsch

Are you proud to be Bavarian? I would shoot myself if I was Bavarian! And Germans don't want to be mistaken with Bavarians and not even with their silly traditions!!!!


Mixed up

Post 9

Aroha

Well, I am Bavarian and I really don`t care about getting mixed up with anyone because I`m a very very peaceful person with a big sense of humour. Yeah, humour. I mean it.
I would never be proud of Bavaria. Just listen to their folk music. Ewww. A great deal of humour is needed to survive in this place....so this is why I`m still happy and alive. I`ve got it.


Key: Complain about this post