A Conversation for Rainbows

The rainbow song

Post 1

The Dancing Tree

We were taught a song when we were younger that went "red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue. I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too" and so on. Now, this may not seem disconcerting, but it does lead me to believe two things: 1) school screws up children. the colours of this song are clearly in the wrong order; and 2) the word "indigo" is not a good one to be placed in a song for young children.


The rainbow song

Post 2

Duckman

The best rainbow song children should know is "The Rainbow Connection" sung by Kermit the frog on the Muppet Show ("why are there so many songs about rainbows?"). Also, the group Ween sang a song on the Chef Aid - South Park album called "The Rainbow", which is about homosexuality, not explicitly though. Both of these capture the symbolic ideas behind rainbows, which, as with rainbows themselves, are individual experiences.


The rainbow song

Post 3

Amanda

Ween, perhaps the all time greatest and funniest band in history. They hail from Pennsylvania. Just thought I should add that.


The rainbow song

Post 4

Chevy Praefectus

Haha tales of the Boognish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








(and) Heehee tales of the muppets!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more