A Conversation for Talking Point: Things You Should Do Before You're 30

Inter Rail!

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

Not only before 30, but before turning 26 even - because after that it gets more expensive!

I have very fond memories of Inter Railing a *lot* when I was younger. In those days, it was one of the cheapest means of travelling (apart from hitch hiking) and one single card would cover most of the European countries.

Today, it's a bit more expensive, and Europe has been divided into different zones rather than being just one big zone. It's still worth its price though, and it gives you the liberty to get on and off trains pretty much as you fancy (with some exceptions when it comes to very fast-going trains).

You can find info about Inter Rail here:
http://www.interrailnet.com/


Inter Rail!

Post 2

Galigan

that looks like a good way of getting about. is there a guide entry about Inter Railing?


Inter Rail!

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

A907463


Inter Rail!

Post 4

Galigan

yeah i saw that.


Inter Rail!

Post 5

Titania (gone for lunch)

If you check the converaations hanging off that entry, you'll find some stories from people who have been Inter Railing (I found myself among them when checking - wow, I had completely forgotten that I had posted all that!)


Inter Rail!

Post 6

Demon Drawer

If you get over the 26 years limit you can buy a camper van and drive around europe even better than interailing as you get to see some very obscure viallages as a result that is if you keep off the major roads.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more