A Conversation for Tuning of two-stroke Motorcycles

Tuning of two-stroke Motorcycles (my comments on the original post)

Post 1

upyerhershey

Tuning of two-stroke Motorcycles (my comments on the original post)

The title of my post, is the title of an article i saw here on h2g2 and so i had to come on here and say............what a load of rubbish, and absolute nonsense it is....ive never read such useless, misleading and incorrect information in my whole life.

Make your carb smaller??
Re-gear the sprockets?
Drill holes in the silencer stinger?
Make a new piston?

What a load of rubbsih, i cant belive people could be reading that and then trying to apply any of it to thier machines!!!

Believe me...two strokes are not simple....they only look simple to simple people.....they are far more complicated and advanced that any four stroke engine.

As for scooter being ridden by cissies???? Get yourself to the next scooter rally and announce those thoughts....then see how many 'cissys' want to help you re-evaluate that opinion.

Scooters can be made quick, very quick....but not by following any of the rubbish in the original post.

Find a UK tuning site on the internet called 'scooterotica' and read the info there.....then, ask any questions on the forum....you'll be going much faster then, rather than wondering why the ramblings of crazy website post made your scoot engine disintegrate.

Correct research will show basic options such as fitting an expansion chamber (thats a better exhaust system), using bigger jets in your existing carb (or even using a bigger carb), big bore cylinder kits, or basic porting jobs on standard cylinders, racing air filters (or removing all air filters), better spark plugs, oils and fuels etc......

Please dont follow the information in the original post......its all wrong!!


Key: Complain about this post

Tuning of two-stroke Motorcycles (my comments on the original post)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more