A Conversation for Tuning of two-stroke Motorcycles

warning...

Post 1

daveofgore

please be aware. "leaning" (not un-fattening) your carb's will cause your combustion chamber to run much hotter. this will soon melt your piston. this is bad. i wouldn't recomend anyone without proper knowledge of combustion theorys to mess with the main jets ( or nossels ). as for point 5, race pistons are lighter to allow an engine to rev' higher safely, but will not cause an engine to rev higher. my advice would be to consult someone with lots of experiance.
ex-twostroke racer and tuner


warning...

Post 2

DILLIGAF

Tampering with inlet and exhaust ports should not be advised to an amateur either. A tiny bit cut off, in the wrong place, could not only make the machine unridable, but also impossible to start.

Ditto, the cutting of piston skirts. Uncovering transfer ports at the wrong time could be disasterous.

Leave the two stroke tuning to the experts.

By far, the best way to make a moped go faster, is to fling it off a cliff!!!!!


warning...

Post 3

Researcher 200659

you obiously know what your talking about why r u an ex stinkwheel tuner. i have a dt 50 and rd 250 and it is bloody hard to find two stroke tuners


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more