A Conversation for SudoK42 #1

OK, so the pattern's a BIT obvious

Post 1

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)



Next one will be better....


OK, so the pattern's a BIT obvious

Post 2

Recumbentman

Just a teeny weeny bit.


OK, so the pattern's a BIT obvious

Post 3

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Try the new one at A5274425

That should prove to be a bit more of a challenge!


OK, so the pattern's a BIT obvious

Post 4

Recumbentman

Cripes you can say that again! With about fifteen to twenty numbers missing in any row, column or cell, you can only narrow any single square down to about ten possibilities. How are you supposed to reduce that to one?


OK, so the pattern's a BIT obvious

Post 5

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Ah... Have I made it too difficult then...

I should have a go at solving it.. It should be possible though...... Hmmm....

What do you reckon is a fair number to leave in each logical unit then... (or to leave out).. I've cleared just over 50% of the cells at the moment... It wouldn't be too tricky to add some numbers back in...


OK, so the pattern's a BIT obvious

Post 6

Recumbentman

This lends itself to solving by a computer program. Failing that, a few hundred hours should be enough; or perhaps not.


OK, so the pattern's a BIT obvious

Post 7

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

I did wonder about writing a solver - but I'm not that good at those sorts of things...

I've started solving the 2nd sudok42 and it is VERY complex (but then again it would be....).

I'm going to add a couple of 100 numbers back in...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more