A Conversation for 50 years of sci-fi @ the BBC

A nice start

Post 1

Munchkin

A nice start to this article, and I look forward to reading more. You'll need to proof read it at some point, as there are quite a few grammatical and spelling errors (especially around the Peter Cushing, Nigel Kneale, Yeti bit), but you can do that after the whole thing is written. Keep at it. smiley - smiley
I'll off now and email you about the con.


A nice start

Post 2

shazzPRME

Oops!
Not sure why it's not working for you TL... it worked fine for me!
I'll have a look at it tomorrow for you and see where the coding is letting you down... you DID remember to change it to GuideML when you edited it in didn't you? smiley - smiley

shazz smiley - magic


A nice start

Post 3

TIMELORD

Yes and it worked when i previewed it.


A nice start

Post 4

TIMELORD

I am still working on this piece I hope to bring it up to date.


A nice start

Post 5

shazzPRME

OK smiley - smiley
I'll be waiting smiley - smiley

shazz smiley - magic


A nice start

Post 6

shazzPRME

OK... take out the top three lines first:
1966:



These are in the worng place smiley - smiley
Then copy this in:
1966: This year saw an Edwardian gentleman in Adam Adamant Lives. Frozen in 1902 by his arch enemy The Face, he is revived 64 years later as the perfect gentleman fighting against evil for King (or Queen) and country.
The show was a tongue in cheek swash-buckler with Adam and his two friends, Georgina Jones and William E.Simms, helping the helpless.Starring Gerald Harper it ran for two years with a total of 29 episodes.

1967: There were no new shows this year.

1968: The Year of the Sex Olympicswas Nigel Kneale's provocative view of the future where the population is divided into the people who make television programmes and the masses that only watch. A new show called the 'Live Life Show' will show a family live 24 hours a day.(Now where have I seen something like that lately). It starred Leonard Rossiter.


1969: This year saw the last black and white sci-fi show made by the BBC. 'Counterstrike' was about an alien race called the 'Centaurans' who have been on earth for about 15 years trying to kill off the human race to make way for their own race. Our only hope is in the form of an agent of the inter galactic council called Simon King. The show only lasted 10 episodes.

1970: With colour came the "green" and ecological awareness of Doomwatch. Called by Kit Pedler and Gerry Davis sci-fact the show was about what could go wrong with the new advances in science. The show was well ahead of its time.

smiley - oksmiley - smiley
shazz smiley - magic


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more