A Conversation for Of fish and worms

Another weird dream....

Post 1

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

Last night I dreamt that I had an extra tooth on my bottom jaw, right in the middle. And it was wobbly. And I was going to the dentist, but I poked it and poked it with my tongue, and before you know it, it snapped right OFF!!!! smiley - sadface

And then all my teeth fell out, and they were all perfect hexagons (actually, they were rather coffin-shaped, now I come to think of it.

What do people make of THAT?!?! smiley - smiley


Another weird dream....

Post 2

Orcus

Hmmm! You'll have to go some psychiatry web pages, they'll have a ball with you if you keep this up.

You didn't have orthodontics ever at all did you? Sounds like it may have been a throw back to an old worry. Brush your teeth more often smiley - winkeye

I never remember my dreams smiley - sadface I know I have really freaky ones, but the last one I can actaully remember was about five years ago. I do have them, its just I've forgotten it ten minutes after I wake up. Shame really.


Another weird dream....

Post 3

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

Ehhhh.... maybe your dream is telling you not to mess around with anything that's bothering you, because if you do, you'll lose more than you want to... smiley - winkeye


Another weird dream....

Post 4

Bob Gone for good read the jornal

could be you are afraid of death...or it could be that you are telling youself to cut down on sweet foods because you want to keep you teeth from falling out smiley - tongueout


Another weird dream....

Post 5

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

I wondered whether it might be a premonition that I'm going to be killed by giant teeth? smiley - biggrin

Psychiatrists would just have a field day with me full-stop, methinks smiley - silly


Another weird dream....

Post 6

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I agree with bob, I think I read somewhere that dreams of teeth falling out represent death (that is, the fear of it), and since yours are coffin shaped that seems to emphasize the connection.

But are you sure your teeth were not odd shaped dice, like they use when playing dungeons and dragons? That would have a completely different meaning.

smiley - dog


Another weird dream....

Post 7

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

Well, they didn't have any dots on them; but they were pretty wide for coffins

Hm. smiley - erm


Another weird dream....

Post 8

Hugo the Fish

smiley - fish ..oOO..o..oOoo..oOoo....oO..O....oOoo..o..oO..ooo..O..
..OoOO..OOO..ooO....Ooo..oo..Ooo..Oo..O....o..oO..O....oO..Oo..OoOO..
..ooOo..oo..ooo..oooo....oo..Oo....O..oooo..oo..ooo..
..Ooo..oOo..o..oO..OO....ooo..OOO....oo....oOoo..oo..OoO..o..
..oo..O....OO..ooO..OoOo..oooo....Oooo..o..O..O..o..oOo..
..O..oooo..oO..Oo....O..oooo..o....ooOo..oo..oOo..ooo..O..
..OOO..Oo..o.!...smiley - smiley


Another weird dream....

Post 9

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

Thank you, Hugo (managing to interpret that before the moderators hide it) would you like some worms?


Another weird dream....

Post 10

iaoth

I have a recurrent dream where all my teeth fall out. First one of them falls out, for some reason, and then all the others at once. It is really scary in the strange way only a dream can be scary, and it feels so ~final~. Like, that's it, that's all the teeth God gave me and I'll have to do without teeth for the rest of my life. If a tooth falls out, there's nothing you can do about it. I'm filled with this inexplicably awesome terror at the irreversibility of it all.

I had my own little theory that it might represent my fear of death because of the "irreversibility theme". Your musings seem to confirm that. Maybe SMoB and I should try to come to terms with death before we get ulcers and whatever physical shapes phychologial problems can assume.

Anyway. When I wake up and discover that my teeth are all there, I feel so incredibly relieved that's the dream was kind of worth it. It might just be there to remind me that I have all this stuff -- teeth, friends, family, life -- and that I shouldn't just let it all go to waste.

Well, that's what I think, anyway. smiley - tongueout
(I think I'll start using that as a catch phrase. Hmm.)

Well, that's what I think, anyway. smiley - tongueout (tm)


Another weird dream....

Post 11

iaoth

Btw, Orcus. I don't remember my dreams either -- if I sleep on my stomach. When I sleep on my back, however, I do remember my dreams. They're often just weird nightmares.

Now guess. Do I sleep on my stomach or on my back? smiley - winkeye


Another weird dream....

Post 12

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

How many guesses do we get? smiley - smiley


Another weird dream....

Post 13

iaoth

Just the one. smiley - smiley


Another weird dream....

Post 14

Orcus

*just returning from the IQ quiz*

I sleep on my bed smiley - winkeye

Actually I've had the teeth falling out dream recently (I do remember occasionally), I just thought it was fear of me losing all my teeth, but maybe it was ferar of death...


Another weird dream....

Post 15

GidgetGirl

I've had the teeth falling out dream several times, and it is just as scary each time. According to The Encyclopedia of Dreams, by Rosemary Ellen Guiley, "Losing teeth represents a loss of power or potency, maturation, the process of growing older, or physical or emotional injury." (A friend gave me the book years ago, and I just happen to still have it in my bookcase.)


Another weird dream....

Post 16

Researcher 192461

The meaning og teeth falling down is that you will live longer than any member of your family. The first teeth that fell down is probably someone that you don't care much about.


Another weird dream....

Post 17

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

Ooh, very nifty!

I had another weird dream last night, but I can't remember it. After the fish and worms, and after the teeth, this is probably a good thing. smiley - bigeyes


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more