Of fish and worms

7 Conversations

I had this dream a few nights back; it was a little more weird than usual, and I haven't been able to forget it. It seems so full of symbolism, that I'll throw it out there and see if anyone wanted to try their hand at some dream-interpretation. Don't be shy! So you have no idea about the meaning of dreams? Just make it up! As long as it sounds plausible, or at the very least, makes a good story, I'd love to hear it!!!!

The Dream... smiley - magic

I had a fish I wanted to eat (quite dead), but for some reason, the school (at this stage of the dream, it was MY school, I think, although it's been YEARS since I've been at school) wanted to put it on display as part of a fĂȘte or something they had, so I said they could, as long as they put it in the fridge.

I got the fish back, and my mother threw it on the front lawn of her (in the dream, our house), and after that, I picked it up, ready to eat it.

At this point, the fish was covered by another fish, completely camoflaged against MY fish's skin, and I peeled it off and threw it away. Next thing I see is a worm underneath the fish I'd just peeled off, exactly the same size as the fish, lying over it, once again camoflaged (this was one big FAT worm) so I peeled THAT off, and threw it away too.

Finally, my fish was ready to eat. I started biting into it, and then I noticed a tiny hole in my fish, and a small black worm wriggling through it. Once again, I fished it out and threw it away. I started eating again, only to find ANOTHER little black worm wriggling through a hole in it, and once again, threw it away.

It was at THIS point (and only now smiley - erm) that I decided to have words with someone about my fish; and I went to complain to the school. There I met up with my final year history teacher, who pointed me to the principal, but she was actually the principal of my son's school, and not the principal I had when I was at school. It all made sense in that seamless way dreams do. She was the woman I was after, because I also wanted to talk to her about some (real life) issues my son was having at school.

And then, just when you'd think this was all reaching a climax, I woke up. smiley - erm

More dreams smiley - flyhi

...will be added to forums on this page, so if you'd like to interpret them, keep an eye out!

So far...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A518825

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more